Emergency Management protects communities by coordinating and integrating all activities necessary to build, sustain, and improve the capability to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, and recover from threatened or actual natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or other man-made disasters.
Emergency Management is:
- Comprehensive — emergency managers consider and take into account all hazards, all phases, all stakeholders and all impacts relevant to disasters.
- Progressive — emergency managers anticipate future disasters and take preventive and preparatory measures to build disaster-resistant and disaster-resilient communities.
- Risk-Driven — emergency managers use sound risk management principles (hazard identification, risk analysis, and impact analysis) in assigning priorities and resources.
- Integrated — emergency managers ensure unity of effort among all levels of government and all elements of a community.
- Collaborative — emergency managers create and sustain broad and sincere relationships among individuals and organizations to encourage trust, advocate a team atmosphere, build consensus, and facilitate communication.
- Coordinated — emergency managers synchronize the activities of all relevant stakeholders to achieve a common purpose.
- Flexible — emergency managers use creative and innovative approaches in solving disaster challenges.
- Professional — emergency managers value a science and knowledge-based approach based on education, training, experience, ethical practice, public stewardship and continuous improvement.
Emergency management seeks to promote a safer, less vulnerable community with the capacity to cope with hazards and disasters.
For Additional Information about The Corona-virus / COVID-19 (Click Here) or locate the Quick Links tab.
The Emergency Manager is having regular meetings with the community leaders team to discuss the operations plan and to keep current with updates on the COVID-19 virus.
For more information please click the link. Nevada Health Response COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Initiative.
For All Emergencies Call 911
- Declaration of Emergency Directive 3/20/20
- Dr. Byun's Public Health Mandate 3/18/20
- Dr. Byun's White Pine County Public Health Mandate 3/20/20
- Resolution Declaration of Emergency 3/18/20
- State of Nevada's Emergency Regulations 3/23/2020
- White Pine County Health and Medical Services
- White Pine County ICS Report 4/7/2020