Release of Liability
Participant Assumption of Risk and Release of Liability
White Pine County, Nevada, Aquatic Center
Sky High Tri
August 11, 2018
Address:____________________________________ City:_____________ State:______ Zip:_____________
Email address: ______________________________________________________________________________
Date of Birth_____/______/________ Gender: Male Female
- I understand that participating in the White Pine County Aquatic Center’s Sky High Tri event and its affiliated events is a potentially-hazardous activity.
- I agree to abide by any decision of White Pine County, its employees, volunteers, affiliates and assigns relative to my ability to safely complete the race, which decision is at the sole discretion of the race official and I agree lack of a decision does not create any liability whatsoever.
- I acknowledge that there may be traffic or other hazards on the course route and nonetheless assume all risks associated with competing in the Sky High Tri and its affiliated events, including, but not limited to drowning, falls, contact and/or crashes with other participants or traffic, effects of weather including heat, cold, and/or humidity, defective equipment, the condition of the roads and railroad crossings, water hazards, and any hazard that may be posed by spectators, employees or volunteers, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. I further acknowledge that these risks include risks that may be the negligence of the persons or entities responsible for the Sky High Tri and its affiliated events. Such risks are likewise known and appreciate by me.
- I agree that the White Pine County is not responsible for any personal items or property that are lost, stolen, stained or damaged at or during the Sky High Tri and its affiliated events.
- I consent to emergency medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me as medical professionals may deem appropriate. This Assumption and Release extends to any liability arising out of, or in any way connected with, the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency.
- I understand and agree that pets are not permitted to accompany me in the race, and children under the age of 18 are not permitted to participate or accompany me in the race unless a parent or guardian signs a waiver on their behalf.
- I grant permission White Pine County, its affiliates and sponsors to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for any purpose including, but not limited to, promoting, advertising and marketing purposes. Any and all photographs, motion pictures, recordings or other records of the event are the sole property of White Pine County, Nevada.
- White Pine County, its employees, volunteers, affiliates and assigns, reserve the right in any event of emergency or local or national disaster to cancel the race and in the event of cancellation or change there is no refund of entry fees.
- Participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times, including obeying all laws. This includes respect for all people, equipment and facilities and cooperative, positive participation. White Pine County may dismiss, without refund, anyone whose behavior endangers safety or negatively affects a race, a person, a facility or property of any type or kind.
10. I agree to indemnify White Pine County, its employees, volunteers, affiliates and assigns, from any and all third party claims caused in whole or in part by my actions.
11. I understand that some of the course may go through water or mud, which has not been tested for chemicals or disease.
12. I assume risk of wild and/or domestic animals and insects that may be present on the course.
13. I agree not to participate unless I am medically and physically able, which I am solely responsible to determine.
14. I agree that I am solely responsible for determining if I am physically fit and/or skilled for the race or activities contemplated by this Assumption and Release. It is always advisable, especially if the participant is pregnant or disabled in any way or recently suffered an illness, injury or impairment, to consult a physician before undertaking any physical activity.
15. I have read and fully understand the above important information, warning of risk, assumption of risk and waiver and release of all claims. When registering online, my online signature shall substitute for and have the same legal effect as an original form signature. PARTICIPATION WILL BE DENIED if I have not signed this waiver before the start of the event.
16. I, for myself and my heirs, do hereby fully release and forever discharge White Pine County, its employees, volunteers, affiliates and assigns, from any and all claims for injuries, including death or incapacity, illnesses, damages, expenses or loss that I may suffer arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the race, program or activities including injuries caused or associated with transportation to and from the event.
Participant Signature Acknowledging Waiver (Parent or Guardian Signature if Participant is Under 18 Years Old):
Adults: $40.00 Relay: $45.00/team
Kid’s: $15.00 Relay: $30.00/team
Tiny Tikes: $10.00